Thursday, March 21, 2013


Last week was relatively busy!
     
     I finally managed to get a haircut. It was much needed, but I am not sure how ok I am with rocking the "classic dad cut." On the same trip into Thermi, I managed to buy stamps. I'm having a hard time finding postcards that I want to send, but if you are really lucky you might get some snail mail in a few weeks.

     Since I was in the mood to run errands, I walked to a bike shop and bought the cheapest model they had. Katie and I split the cost 50/50 and took turns riding it that day. Unfortunately, someone stole it the next day so there are no pictures. We didn't even get to name her! Just know that she was bright blue and shiny. We shared a wonderful sunny afternoon together. I will always remember the ride from the shop to campus with fondness and thankfulness - I got home without any one driving over top me.

     As if the day my bike got stolen wasn't bad enough, I finally got my dreaded first assignments… I have to type lab reports for some experiments. Like that time we germinated seeds in the 4th gra - I mean last week.

     Things weren't all bad though. I finally got my mail! A wonderful girl sent me some peanut butter and other good stuff. It was much appreciated. I also got letters from my family and some easter candy. It is already long gone.

     I had the chance to integrate into the Greek culture a little bit. One of my professors left class early and handed out instructions for the rest of the period. It didn't take long for everyone to drop their tools and order pizzas. I went with some of them on a beer run to the German Store and then back to the dorm to eat lunch. For dessert, there was a chocolate pizza with banana slices. All of it was much better than whatever they were serving for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment