Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back to School


   Coming back to campus Monday night after such a good weekend was a total bummer. I was bored and trapped feeling after less than a day. I definitely bummed it Tuesday. Luckily, yesterday was a really good day. After my regular classes I got the chance to attend a cheese making class for adults. It was definitely the coolest thing I have done on campus and I will be going back every wednesday night for the rest of my time here. It is entirely in Greek, but is not too hard to follow with some help from the other people there. It is a very hands on and practical course. We suited up in plastic and hair nets and got cleaned by something reminiscent of a car wash before going into the Cheese Making Laboratory. I felt like I was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. From 100Kg of milk, we got maybe 30Kg of cheese. It was a very cool process, and now I have a recipe for feta!

   After cheese making, I went to a BBQ that the school was putting on. Thirteen kids from Iowa State were there. They are doing a project with a major Greek beer producer who is about to launch a line of iced tea. It was cool to get their take on Greece, but they are leaving after only one week in the country.

   It's back to classes as usual today, which is no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment